Direct Cremation Plans from £1,495
It is now really easy to plan ahead for your own funeral, and can make a huge difference by easing the burden on your family and friends when the time comes. You’ll have the peace of mind that they can focus on making the arrangements rather than having to worry about the cost.
Call us on 0800 077 4222 for funeral advice, 24 hours a days 365 days a year.
Direct Cremation Funeral Plan
- Help and advice from your local Funeral Director on all aspects of the funeral arrangements as unattended funeral service
- Transport of the deceased to Funeral Director’s premises within a 25 mile radius
- A cardboard coffin
- Help with registering the death and collating paperwork
- Transportation of the deceased in a private ambulance from our premises to the crematorium, attended by funeral personnel only at a day and time of our choosing
- 24 hour Bereavement Advice helpline
- A website to help collect and manage charitable donations
- An online memorial tribute page
- Free Estate Planning Review from one of our partner companies
EXCLUDING CREMATORIUM FEES & OTHER THIRD PARTY FEES
Is a direct cremation plan right for me? Buying a plan now will also save money, the costs of funerals are rising due to many factors but the price you pay today will be frozen.
The average cost of a basic UK funeral has more than doubled since 2004 to over £4,200 – and in 2018 alone, costs rose at over twice the rate of inflation. At this rate, the next 12 years could see a rise of up to £7,000.
The plan can also include an allowance towards third party costs (or disbursements) such as doctors’ fees and crematorium fees. These costs are not guaranteed, so additional amounts over the contribution may be due at the time of need and are payable by your representative.
The cost of any additional services that are not specified in the plan will be payable at the time of the Direct Cremation, for example, if you die overseas.
Important: If at time of need your voluntary contribution for these items is not sufficient, then your representative will be liable for the difference.
- The date and time of the Direct Cremation are to be chosen by the Funeral Director
- No mourners, family or otherwise, are permitted to attend the crematorium
- The choice of coffin will be made by the Funeral Director
- No preparation or embalming. A simple coffin gown will be provided
- No viewing or use of our Chapel of Rest
- No hearse or following limousine
- No other offers or discounts can be used in conjunction with a Direct Cremation plan
Choice, under the registration of the Alternative Planning Company Limited, is a registered member of the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA) which is an organisation set up by the industry to regulate providers in the UK pre-paid funeral plan industry. Its primary aim is to ensure customers get the
service they have paid for, when it is needed.
This means that your Direct Cremation will be carried out in line with recognised best practice and to the highest standards, in accordance with a recognised industry Code of Practice.
In the unlikely event that we are unable resolve the matter to your satisfaction, you may then refer it to the Funeral Planning Authority, by calling 0845 601 9619. Their website is at www.funeralplanningauthority.co.uk